Meet Our Legal Specialists
Meet Our Legal Specialists
701 Market Street
St. Louis, MO 63101
St. Louis native Sam Gladney joined Stranch, Jennings & Garvey (SJ&G) in 2023. He concentrates his practice on labor law, employee benefits, nonprofit formation and compliance, and regulatory affairs. Mr. Gladney chose law as his profession because of his passion for public service and desire to help clients successfully navigate difficult circumstances.
Mr. Gladney earned his J.D. in 2016 from the University of Missouri – Kansas City School of Law. He is a graduate of the United States Military Academy at West Point, where he received a bachelor’s degree in applied science. Following his graduation, he served in the U.S. Army for eight years, with two deployments in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom. During those deployments, he managed micro-grants to support Iraqi businesses southeast of Baghdad and led a platoon in Mosul. He was awarded the Bronze Star after his second deployment.
Mr. Gladney serves as the vice chair of the Bi-State Development Agency Board of Directors. He also serves on the Places for People Board of Directors. He previously served as chair of the Employee Benefits Section for the Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis.
- Labor Law
- Employee Benefits
- Nonprofit Formation and Compliance
- Regulatory Affairs
- University of Missouri – Kansas City School of Law (J.D., 2016)
- United States Military Academy at West Point (Bachelor of Applied Science, 2007)
- Practiced before the National Labor Relations Board and Federal District Courts in both Missouri and Kansas.
- Served as counsel for numerous employee benefit funds during mergers.
- Successfully arbitrated on behalf of newspaper carriers for substantial backpay from their parent organization for contractual violations.
- Successfully litigated a ballot access case that led to the removal of an unqualified candidate from the ballot.
Professional Honors & Activities
- Up & Coming Lawyers — Missouri Lawyers Media (2023)
- Bronze Star, U.S. Army
- The Missouri Bar
- Appointed by Gov. Mike Parson (Missouri) in 2020 as the vice chair of the Bi-State Development Agency Board of Directors
- Serves on the Places for People Board of Directors
- Served as the president of the West Point Society of Greater St. Louis from 2016-2020
- Member of the AFL-CIO Lawyers Coordinating Committee
- Mentor for transitioning service members with American Corporate Partners
Form submission does not create an attorney-client relationship. Avoid sharing confidential information. Before a relationship is formed you must agree to an engagement letter. By submitting, you acknowledge and agree to this notice.