Who We Are
Who We Are
About Our Firm
Stranch, Jennings & Garvey, PLLC
At Stranch, Jennings & Garvey, PLLC (SJ&G), our attorneys have a long record of success in representing plaintiffs in a variety of class actions, mass tort proceedings and additional complex litigation across the nation, including some of the most complicated litigation the courts have seen against some of the largest multinational companies in the world.
SJ&G’s roots go back to 1952, when Cecil Branstetter founded Branstetter, Stranch & Jennings, PLLC (BS&J), his own law firm in Nashville. For more than seven decades, our attorneys have advocated for society’s under-represented voices, consumer rights, labor unions and victims of discrimination, a legacy that continues today as we work to ensure access to justice for our clients.
Mr. Branstetter’s grandson, J. Gerard Stranch IV, serves as managing partner for SJ&G, headquartered in the heart of Nashville. He leads the firm’s class action, complex litigation and mass tort practice groups. His experience includes serving as lead or co-lead counsel in numerous cases, including:
- lead trial attorney in the Sullivan Baby Doe case (originally filed as Staubus v. Purdue) against U.S. opioid producers Endo Health Solutions Inc. and Endo Pharmaceuticals Inc., resulting in a $35 million settlement agreement, the largest per capita settlement achieved by any prosecution with Endo to date;
- personally appointed to the steering committee of the In re: Volkswagen “Clean Diesel” Marketing, Sales Practices and Products Liability Litigation, resulting in approximately $17 billion in settlements, the largest consumer auto settlement and one of the largest settlements in any matter ever;
- the executive committee In Dahl v. Bain Capital Partners (anti-trust), resulting in a $590.5 million settlement;
- personally appointed to the steering committee In re: New England Compounding Pharmacy, Inc., resulting in $230 million in settlements; and
- appointed as co-lead counsel In re: Alpha Corp. Securities litigation, resulting in a $161 million recovery for the class.
Additional partners include James G. (Jim) Stranch III, Jan Jennings, Marty Schubert and Mike Stewart in Nashville, along with the Hon. John (Jack) Garvey, who leads our St. Louis, Missouri, location, and Nathan (Nate) Ring, who leads our Las Vegas, Nevada, office.
From multi-million-dollar recoveries in high-profile cases across the country to justice for single plaintiffs or labor unions who have suffered harm or unfair treatment from employers, financial institutions, large corporations or pharmaceutical products, our award-winning team of attorneys has achieved extraordinary results for our clients.
Our unrelenting dedication to professionalism and ethics guarantees that our clients receive legal services of the highest caliber.
Continuous communication with our clients is one of our highest priorities, which ensures they stay informed and involved throughout the legal process.
Our strong record of successful client representation attests to our knowledge, commitment and unwavering pursuit of justice.