Meet Our Legal Specialists
Meet Our Legal Specialists
The Freedom Center
223 Rosa L. Parks Avenue
Nashville, TN 37203
Isaac Kimes is a trial lawyer who has devoted his career to representing individuals harmed by other parties, including corporations and government entities. Before joining Stranch, Jennings & Garvey (previously Branstetter, Stranch & Jennings) in 2022, Mr. Kimes was an attorney with a regional personal injury firm, where he tried cases to jury verdict in state and federal court. Mr. Kimes has also served as an advisor in the Tennessee Senate. Prior to law school, he was an organizer with a non-profit organization focused on reforming criminal justice policy.
Mr. Kimes obtained his B.S. in Justice Studies from Arizona State University in 2007. In 2008, he was honored as an outstanding alumnus for his work on criminal justice policy. A 2012 graduate of The University of Memphis Law School, Mr. Kimes served on The University of Memphis Law Review as Symposium Editor.
Mr. Kimes resides in the Nashville area with his family. In his free time, he enjoys grilling in his backyard and watching his beloved Tottenham Hotspur and Seattle Seahawks.
- Personal Injury
- Trucking Wrecks
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect
- Complex and Mass Torts Litigation
- Product Liability
- The University of Memphis – Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law (J.D., 2012)
- Arizona State University (B.S., 2007)
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Tennessee
- Davidson County Circuit Court bench trial verdict of $205,274.24 following zero offers made prior to trial (January 2022)
- Davidson County Circuit Court jury trial verdict of $122,755.46 following a top pre-trial offer of $30,000 (May 2021)
- Davidson County General Sessions bench trial verdict in favor of dog sitting business that had been sued for negligence resulting in a dog’s injury (March 2020)
- Millions of dollars secured for his clients in settlements since 2012
Professional Honors & Activities
- Mid-South Super Lawyers (2023)
- Tennessee Bar Association Leadership Law Class of 2023 graduate
- Mid-South Super Lawyers Rising Star (2020 – 2021)
- Belmont University College of Law American Inn of Court, Barrister (2023-2024)
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
- Nashville Bar Association
Seminars & Published Works
- Note, Unfettered Clawbacks – Why Section 304 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act Requires a Personal Misconduct Standard, 42 U. MEM. L. REV. 797, cited in Lee A. Harris, Cases and Materials on Corporations and Other Business Entities: A Practical Approach 267 (2011)
- Bolder Advocacy Guides on Tennessee Campaign Finance, Tennessee Voter Registration, and Tennessee Lobbying Disclosure (June 2017)
- Tennessee Promise Needs Change, Clarksville Leaf Chronicle, by State Sen. Lee Harris and Isaac Kimes (April 13, 2016)
- “Personal Injury and Economic Deterrence,” Law and Economics, Western Kentucky University (March 2020, March 2022)
- “Citizen Lobbying,” Vanderbilt University (March 2020)
- “Legislation in the Context of Mass Incarceration,” Project MI (June 2017)
- “Legislation for Educators,” Nashville Teacher Residency (April 2017)
- “Legislation for Healthcare Professionals,” Health Policy Practicum course at The University of Memphis Law School (February 2017)
- President, Shelby County Government Community Fund (appointed in 2023)
- Treasurer, Tennessee Voter Project PAC (2017 – present)
- Board Member, Inglewood Neighborhood Association, Nashville, (2016 – 2019)
- Volunteer Coach and Referee, East Nash Soccer, Nashville (2016 – 2018)
- Alumnus, Tennessee Bureau of Investigation Citizen’s Academy (Class of 2017)
- Volunteer Coach, Stratford High School Girls Varsity Soccer, Nashville (2016)
What our clients are saying
I worked with Isaac and his Nashville-based team at Stranch, Jennings & Garvey. My wife was in a horrible wreck, so we knew we needed a personal injury lawyer.
What I did not anticipate was the level of compassion and empathy Isaac Kimes provided, along with the results – policy limits offers from both drivers involved in the wreck.
One of the insurance companies flat out denied our claim before Isaac got involved. Early in the process, Isaac met with me at my house to answer all my questions and get to know me better; he knew I was busy and was willing to come to me in person.
I recommend Isaac and Stranch, Jennings & Garvey law firm to take care of you and your family.
Form submission does not create an attorney-client relationship. Avoid sharing confidential information. Before a relationship is formed you must agree to an engagement letter. By submitting, you acknowledge and agree to this notice.